Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Anywhere but in here


Elsa's great-grandpa is quite a crafty fellow. I was trying to explain to Elsa that her nice great-grandpa, the one with the black patch on his glasses, built her rocking horse for Mommy and Fun Aunt Holly when they were little. I think perhaps she still has no clue where the horsie came from, but she does request horsie rides everytime she wakes up, goes into her room, doesn't want to go to bed, etc. She banged her mouth (on purpose) into the horses wooden mane the first time she rode the horse. Twice. Now the first thing she does (as Mommy is urging Elsa to hold on to the handles with both hands) is pat the mane and pat her mouth and shake her head.

Doesn't this gaze out the window say "oh, how I wish I were out riding my horse in the yard?" (Hey Mom, do you think you could show this to Grandpa next time he's at your house? Note the other horse is watching with jealousy. Don't worry - without fail Elsa gets off the wooden horse and immediately sits on the soft one for a ride around the house).

No comments: