Search This Blog

Monday, May 05, 2008

Thank-you Elsa for our Stimulus Check!



We would just like to take this opportunity to thank Elsa and her generation for the "economic stimulus check" we received today.

Lets see... the government borrowed $1500, probably by selling 30 year treasury bonds (likely to the Chinese) at just under 5% interest. So, when Elsa is our age, she can pay back nearly $6000 in principal and interest. I've got to say, it is definitely worth it - and we're pretty sure gas prices will have come down a lot in the next 30 years, so she'll understand.

Oh yes, and we shouldn't forget our two Senators (both voted for it) and the President for spending her tax dollars so wisely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Elsa! And Evan, too! We'll spend it wisely. We will probably add it to Evan's 529 account since we know that university administrators are being so careful to keep your tuition costs down.

Fun Aunt Holly

Kath said...

This cracked me up. Now I'm going to picture millions of toddlers with Elsa's same earnest look walking up to our doors, shaking our hands, and handing out checks. I sure hope one comes to my house soon! I'm sure they don't mind, what with gas prices, tuition rates, and housing all being so *reasonable* in the future...